DPMC is working as a field arm of DPMU and works in close co-ordination with SPMU/DPMU. DPMC is responsible to attain the objectives of the project in the allotted district. To accomplish the objectives of the project DPMCs will appoint SOs to work at the GP level. It will be supporting and guiding SOs in all the activities and meeting out the deliverables. DPMC takes guidance and support from SPMU/DPMU in development of packages and activities for IEC/BCC and capacity building. Planning Engineering and Technical support, convergence, implementation, community based procurement, governance & accountability, safeguards and Monitoring & evaluation activities would be organized and delivered by DPMC.
DPMC also ensures environmental and social safeguard compliances including Tribal Development Plan for Jharkhand in all phases of the project. Seeing tribal dominance in the state and decentralization being the key principle of the project, the activities would focus on involvement of PRIs and traditional local leaders at all phases of project.
As an important aspect of the project, DPMC will ensure that SO involve women in all project activities. If needed 50 % of the meeting will be organized only for the women to encourage their participation in decision making process. To get the effective output of the capacity building session women will be encouraged to participate as a trainee and they would be capacitated to become a trainer/Resource Person As an important aspect of the project, DPMC will ensure that SO involve women in all project activities. If needed 50 % of the meeting will be organized only for the women to encourage their participation in decision making process. To get the effective output of the capacity building session women will be encouraged to participate as a trainee and they would be capacitated to become a trainer/Resource Person
Key Deliverables/ Outputs
The DPMC is responsible for delivering two key outputs for each selected project village and scheme. The Consultant will first deliver the output 1 for each scheme as a part of the phase I intervention. The phase II intervention will focus on output 2 i.e. sustaining the outcomes of the phase I interventions.
Output 1:Implementation Support, that includes following indicators
- Implementation of the integrated water and sanitation scheme cycle in each selected project village that includes successful execution of:
(The details of sub-indicators for each phase are annexed at 1)
- Pre-planning phase
- Planning phase
- Implementation phase
- O&M Phase
DPMC will not only support and guide SOs in successful execution of activities planned in each phase of the project but would also provide its support in planning, engineering and technical support, convergence, implementation, community based procurement, governance & accountability, safeguards and monitoring & evaluation services for successful implementation of the project.
Output 2: Sustainability Assurance, that includes following indicators
Sustainability of Water Supply and Sanitation Scheme Outcomes that includes:
- 90-100% household having access to piped drinking water within their premise in the project villages
- 100% schemes delivering safe drinking water and as per designed service levels
- 100% GP-WSC are fully functional and successfully implementing the awarded schemes including O&M
- 90-100% of the households paying water bills regularly
- 100% households have constructed improved latrines in the project villages
- 90-100% people using improved latrines in the project villages
- 100% institutions in project villages (including Schools, Anganwadi and Public/Community complex) have fully functional drinking water supply and sanitation facilities; including separate toilet and urinal facilities for women/girls
- At least 80% of GPs achieved open defecation free status
- 100% project villages achieved clean status by safely disposing and managing solid and liquid waste
- 100% adherence to environmental and social safeguard norms
- 90% community satisfaction on behaviour change and service delivery activities
- 90-100% people in project villages following improved personal hygiene practices.
Apart from core project activities which would be dealt by SPMU/DPMU, DPMC would be supporting and guiding SOs in achievement of their deliverables which is defined in SO ToR.